Thursday, October 11, 2007

My Old/new Seaport- 3/25/2007




3/25/2007

I love Tel Aviv Seaport !! It's so beautiful.

I spent the afternoon with my colorful family in the old port to celebrate my sister's birthday. It was nice and warm and after the yummy late lunch we walked on the promenade, watched the fascinating breaking waves and the magical sunset.

Inhaling sea air my brother asked me : "Anything as good as this in Manhattan?!". Well, in many ways he's right, it is indeed unmatched. Also the promenade and the whole complex have lately gone through some major renovations and restoration.

The big question is: why am I telling you all this?! Well, maybe because I like to share my discoveries, maybe because I like encouraging people to broaden their horizons- don't take anything for granted; learn to revel in the obvious beauty, it makes life richer and more profound. If we derive joy from new experiences and new thrills only, if we only notice the new, the "just arrived", the "just released", the "latest", the "it's finally here", we really miss out, you know? The fact that it's obvious doesn't mean that it can't be magical and thrilling.

We saw a lot of drinking and already red-drunk British people over there today, getting ready for the big soccer game. Thousands of Brits have filled out Tel Aviv today, and I must say it was quite amusing. It's like we've been invaded by England (again.... since they left in 1948).... Just kidding... but they were really funny, what can I say... Anyway, good luck to the our team!

No comments: