Thursday, October 11, 2007

My Niece's Film- 4/7/2007

My Niece's Film


Posted by: admin

4/7/2007

I am here with my niece and her girlfriends. They are 9 years old but act much older than I did when I was their age.

Which brings me to the fact that I am forced to write a blog with them right now.... I am currently circled by a group of little dictators who would like to tell the world about their movie. Ready?

Ok, first let me preface by telling you that they have written a script for a short film, called "Three Friends", which will be shot on a mini DV. My niece wrote the music and lyrics for the theme song, and is also directing. Her friend Aya is the procuder and Aya's father, a heart surgeon, is the editor (maybe cutting hearts helps with cutting movies). I play Aya's annoying mother. The story is based on the life of the three friends, Geffen (my beautiful niece), Aya and Omer (nicknamed "Three Muskeeteers" at school...). Each one dreams of being something else: Geffen's is about being "cool" and getting "high grades" in school, Aya is all about becoming a famous athlete and Omer needs to be a beautiful princess. They go to the library one day and find an interesting book. They read it together and "enter" the story told there. The book makes them become what they dream of becoming.

Shooting starts in a few weeks, and in fact we have just rehearsed one of the scenes. It's still hard for me to believe that 9 years olds are producing a movie, and before my eyes. I am happy to bring my experience and help them as much as I can, I am extremely proud of my niece (although wish a more stable career than show business-- despite the fact that she has already performed in a couple of major Israeli stage productions) and can't wait for the premiere.

Have a lovely weekend, full of discoveries!

P1010382.JPG

Permalink | Trackback


Comments (2) Add Comment


Re: My Niece's Film

By TheElectricTurtle on 4/7/2007

Hey Liat, May I gey a role in this movie, I've huge experience as a statistic in manny East European movies and boom holder in leading productions in Kaschastan....

Looking forward to my audition. When should I call u?.....
Anyhow I'd be glad to get one ticket fr the premier...and if u don't mind also for my 9 kids and two wives...

T.E.T


Re: My Niece's Film

By Matti on 4/9/2007

Geffenooshkoot!


No comments: