Thursday, October 11, 2007

I Have a Carrrr!- 3/15/2007

For the first time in my life, I have my own car!! This is Big!! I always had the excuses that Manhattan didn't require a car (which is true) and that I'm a driving-phobic (which I was due to an accident which luckily kept me alive), or that I simply really really hated driving--but here in Israel, which is my current residence, it has become a necessity. And yes... I kinda like driving now... (never believed that one would change, but hey, I always surprise myself! A good lesson to know)

I picked up the car today, it's a used 98' white Kia Pride, it's charmingly ugly (I have no idea who designed it!!), I gave it a nickname, and I'm planning on decorating it and making it a little portable suite. A very sweetly scented suite. Yay! With cushions, a purple blanket, pictures, stickers and curtains. I know I'm a little (too?) giddy, but I've never owned a car, and I have actually been scared of the responsibility. It seemed like an unnecessary headache. But as my dear friend Karin phrased it : "you are going to feel ecstatic with liberty". And how can you beat That?

More to come on that....

Last night I have taught a Middle Eastern dance workshop at a bachelorette party. It was so exciting to convey my knowledge and moves with the sweet and shy bride and her hilarious friends. It was a "light"Orthodox group (very modern), and they really impressed and surprised me with how open and coordinated they were. Even better than some of my "professional" students.

Ah, the joy of dance!!!

No comments: