Friday, November 2, 2007

Kickbox it all Out!

Good morning Friday. I am heading out to the gym soon. This is my kickboxing day.


It’s a tradition. I let it all out! Aggressions, frustrations, and just plain old fury. Well, actually, fury makes me sound somewhat violent and that’s not true. But life tends to attract toxins and negative energy, so once a week, if I haven’t managed to naturally do so, I kick and punch the hell out of anything, and anybody that wishes to stop me, without risking anybody’s life, of course. It’s the closest thing to meditation. I’m not very good at “immobile” meditation, but I can certainly enter “the zone” while repeating dozens of roundhouse kicks…

And then- I’m clean; I take a deep breath, and have a sense of center, of inner strength, of clarity, potency (not to say- omnipotence). I am ready for the world, and the world is ready for me.

Last night I saw a movie that ended with “There is no way to Peace- Peace IS the way!”. It had to do with cultural and social battles, but it can be translated to inner peace too.

Kickboxing, then, is my peace. It also makes me feel hot and sexy.